Call Us: 580-765-3311 Ext. 114

Ponca City Information

Marland Mansion Tour

2 of 8

The Ponca City Information website is not affiliated nor associated with the City of Ponca City, the website is provided by the Ponca City Publishing Company, Inc. as an information website for Ponca City, Oklahoma.

MANSION LOBBY

Greeting guests as they enter the mansion are the statues of Lydie Marland and George Marland, the adopted children of E.W. and Virginia Marland. Lydie later became Mr. Marland's second wife. They were sculpted of French limestone by Jo Davidson, E. W. Marland's favorite sculptor. 

Lydie's statue originally stood on the north vista. Destroyed and buried in 1953, the statue was found in pieces in 1990, restored and returned to the mansion in 1992.

 

 

From the hand set stone tile to the muraled walnut ceilings painted by Margliotti, the entrance sets the mood of elegance for the oil baron's mansion. The brass and iron wall sconces feature devil heads, not to be confused with the dog's heads in the wrought iron stair railings.