Ponca City Information
Marland Mansion Grounds Tour
2 of 10
The Ponca City Information website is not affiliated nor associated with the City of Ponca City, the website is provided by the Ponca City Publishing Company, Inc. as an information website for Ponca City, Oklahoma.
This small house was the chauffeur’s quarters and garages for Mr. Marland’s carriages and cars. Shortly before E.W.'s death, he and his wife moved from the Artist Studio to the chauffeur’s house.
When Marland sold the mansion and property to the Carmelite Fathers, this house and the land around it were not included in the sale. Mr. Marland left them to Lydie in his will and she lived there from 1941 to 1953 and again from 1975 until her death in 1987.
|The restored cottage is furnished as Lydie's home might have looked in the 1940's.|
|Many original artifacts and memorabilia help portray the family fun activities as well as the extravagant lifestyle of the Marland's when the spirit of the Oil Boom Days was really alive.|
The north upstairs bedroom contains the Marland Family Exhibit, highlighting various elements of E. W. Marland's personal and public life - as a family man, a philanthropist, and a politician.
Copyright 2016. Ponca City Publishing Company Inc. All Rights Reserved.